Garden waste is any organic material that results from gardening activities or the natural growth or life-cycle of tress, shrubs, plants or lawns. Leaf litter, lawn clippings, garden cuttings, branches from tree clippings, twigs, coconut fronds, coconut branches and leaves, coconut shells, seeds and so on which is considered litter and not useful in any form can be classified as garden waste.
The term “Garden Waste” by definition gives a very wrong impression of the usefulness of garden based organic material. It is a very valuable resource which when considered “garbage” gets treated in the wrong way.
The term “Garden Waste” by definition gives a very wrong impression of the usefulness of garden based organic material. It is a very valuable resource which when considered “garbage” or “waste” gets treated in the wrong way. In most cases this material is either burned or mixed with other waste streams that end up littered on the sides of the roads, river beds, highway embankments, etc. If garden waste is managed in a clean segregated manner, it could be used as a very rich resource for soil regeneration. It can be used in composting, mulching, briquetting, pelletisation.
We at INORA offer a garden waste collection service which is operational in Aundh, Baner, Balewadi and Pashan areas of Pune.
We at INORA offer a garden waste collection service which is operational in Aundh, Baner, Balewadi and Pashan areas of Pune. The service offering is as follows:
- Re-use bags are provided in which the client arranges to fill garden waste in segregated form with no mixed waste in it such as plastics and other garbage.
- A vehicle is sent to the client. The standard service offers pick up twice a month on the 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month.
- The service is chargeable. A one-time startup charge is applicable for delivering a set of empty bags. A nominal pickup fee is then charged on the basis of quantity of waste picked up. This is to cover labour, transport and shredding costs.
- Payments can be made at the end of every month by cheque. Online payment facility will be available in future.
Features and Benefits
The service leads to following benefits:
- The service is reliable and runs on a schedule that allows clients to plan their garden cuttings and maintenance.
- Packing garden waste in bags prevents waste being heaped on street sides. Normally heaped garden becomes a dumping site for other waste.
- Packed bags are easy to stack neatly and load vehicle for disposal.
- Difficult garden waste such as twigs and branches, coconut shells, coconut branches that cannot fit into the bags will be picked up loose by us after they have been cut and stacked into bundles by the client.
- No burning of garden waste (in most cases mixed with other hazardous waste streams) leading to pure air quality in the area.
- Payments can be made by cheque on monthly basis.
- The material gathered by us will be shredded and then disposed off in the most environmentally sound manner possible. A client can rest in the assurance that their garden litter is being treated as an environmentally rich resource rather than add to the damaging effects of landfilling or illegal dumping.
To add this service for your bungalow, housing complex, office premise, private parks which are normally not serviced by the Municipal Corporation, please contact fill out details here
Anil Gokarn | Mob: +91 98812 54920 | Email: email@example.com
Our Current Pickup Points